is designed to take early advantage of political trends and economic incentives in Central and Eastern Europe. The fund will seek to be the lead investor responsible for creating, identifying, structuring, negotiating, and consummating transactions.
is one of the very few renewable energy funds capable of originating projects and actively managing them from idea conception to full operation, significantly reducing developmental cost and time and optimizing multiple exit opportunities throughout the process. LGE
originates its own renewable energy projects by using its knowledge, experience and relationships to:
- identify prime locations available for renewable energy projects and gain early control of such locations;
- engage strategic suppliers of cutting edge technology and related services that will enable highly profitable renewable energy production;
- employ local and international contractors to design, plan and build each project in a timely and cost effective manner;
- select operators for the projects with proven track records of reliable performance;
- arrange financing with equity partners, lenders, governmental support and off-take contracts that will enable total capital investment per project of roughly ten times the investment by the fund.
will remain highly active in managing project development and monitoring portfolio performance. LGE
believes early, agile, focused and competent investors will lead the trends in development in renewable energy in emerging markets. The technologies LGE
will focus on during its initial investment period will be hydro, wind, biomass, and solar. Additionally, the Fund may consider making direct investments in geothermal and tidal/wave technologies and companies with proprietary intellectual property covering other forms of clean energy production, GHG sequestration, and electricity production efficiency.